Sunday 29 April 2012

Welcome and Update

First off I'd like to welcome my newest follower CPBelt to the blog, I hope you enjoy your stay.

As the weather here in the UK has been very wet for the last couple of weeks I've not been able to get out and spray any models, and if I'm perfectly honest the amount of painting I've managed to achieve has been next to nothing.  But fear not, I still have a few models I finished up earlier in the year to show you.

This time out I needed to challenge my D&D group, so decided to lull them into a false sense of security by having a Goblin warren as part of the adventure (the party were all 7th level at the time of entering so I think they expected a pretty easy time of it), however using a piece of advice I saw in a GMing newsletter I subscribe to I broke out my Oriental Adventures and gave the goblins a few levels in a variety of classes, some warriors, a few Samurai and a variety of magic user types.

I did this mainly as an excuse to paint up some more of my lead mountain, this time some of my favourite miniatures ever, Rackham's oriental goblins.  I still have a load to do, but these are the start:


















The encounter was a lot of fun, and the dawning realisation on the faces of the players as they realised the goblins were going to be a challenge was very entertaining, (though Charlie did get his own back with a lucky critical and 108 points of damage on the goblin leader, bloody Elven Rangers and their damnable multi-shot feats!??!  I'll get you next time Charlie and your little wolf too...)

Anyway, I hope you like the minis, C&C are always welcome.

Next time out, weather permitting, I may actually have those new minis I promised last time, we shall see.

Take care.

J

No comments: