Monday 6 December 2010

(Hassle)Free Time

As I said a couple of posts ago I recently felt like a change of pace painting-wise and having read the Invasion scenario in the Pulp City Guide decided to get out the six Hasslefree and 1 Heresy/Spyglass zombie I undercoated ages ago. While I was there I also decided to get out my bag of Hasslefree miniatures and get a few more of them based and undercoated.

I've liked Hasslefree's minis since they started and I have enjoyed painting them a lot so it was well past time I did a few more.

Well, after 3 days I got all the zombies painted up, which is something of a record for me, and I'm really happy with the way they turned out, here are the pics:


HF Zombie #4, #2, #3, #1 and #5.


HF Zombie Surfer, HF Zombie Suzi, Spyglass (via Heresy) Bud.


The horde begins to advance.

I intend to pick up a couple more Hasslefree Zeds and then I think I'll try out a couple of Studio Miniatures zombie packs as I think they are the best I've seen to date.

I also need to pick up some uber-zombie types, probably use a couple of HF minis as well as the Boss Zombies from Tengu Models will do nicely I think.

On the Wip front I have 4 minis currently on the go:


HF Kat and HF Dionne.


HF Amoy and HF Amoy(b).

As you can see I'm using a fairly limited pallet on these four. Kat and Dionne are an exercise in learning to paint different materials, in this case I really wanted to try and get the PVC/leather look from the Underworld movies, Kat's almost done, I need to do the leather on Dionne.

The Yin Yang look of the Amoys is an idea I had ages ago but have only just got round to, almost got them done, only a bit more to do and then some tidying up as the eyes on all for minis has caused me a fair bit of trouble for some reason.

So there you have it then, the latest additions to my figure collection, hope you like.

More soon.

J

No comments: