First off I'd like to welcome wargamer as my newest follower, I hope you like what you see and read here.
Now, no pictures this post, though I have completed 11 mini's that comprise a Cawdor gang for the Necromunda campaign that kicked off last Tuesday at the club. I should be getting round to photographing them this week sometime, so look out for them during the week.
Now, onto the main subject of this post: Someday.
Not being Mayan I can't say I'm overly worried that this is the last year for the world, but it has made me think about that perpetual problem that a lot of us gamers have, all those projects we want to do but end up continually putting off until "Someday" as we get caught up in some other aspect of the hobby.
So, I have decided that in between commission work and any roleplaying minis I need to throw at the guys in my D&D game I want to designate this "The Year of Someday", and do some of the projects that I've been putting off, usually for no other reason than I've got no immediate use for them.
So here is the list of projects I'd like to complete this year.
- Starship Troopers - The Mongoose mini's for the mobile infantry.
- Epic: Armageddon - My Imperial Guard army needs a lot of TLC.
- Mordheim Terrain - I've had plans for this for years, it's about time I got it sorted.
- Pulp City & Malifaux boards - I have very definite ideas for both.
- 15mm Sci-fi - Time to get this sorted out too.
- .45 Adventures - I want to get my pulp gaming going this year.
- Fantasy solo gaming: using Two Hour Wargames Warrior Heroes rules.
- All Things Zombie solo campaign.
Other possibilities are:
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer for 7TV (probably using the 7ombieTV spinoff set).
- Crimson Skies - I need to get a job and start earning before this is a reality though.
- Ork army for 40k - I've had a load of stuff sitting around for this for years and I don't have the heart to get rid of any of it.
So, those are my main goals to get done this year, of course there are many others I would like to do as well, but I've focused on the main ones.
I also still intend to paint up the rest of my Malifaux minis (which are also something of a Someday project as well considering how long I've had them sitting around), there are a few bits I'd like to get for Pulp City and the new Reaver Lords mini's look like they are going to make great figures to paint when they come out.
So, there is a lot to look forward to this year so keep checking in to see how I do.