Monday 23 February 2015

We Built This City - Test Paint

Just a quick update today.

I've done the test paint on one of the terrain tiles, take a look:

 I'm really happy with the way it turned out, I was a little worried at first as when undercoating the ghost of the circular pieces that are on the reverse of the tile came through the paint, but after I started the highlight coats that went away.

The yellow lines are more vibrant IRL, but other than that the colours in the picture are pretty much what you see.  Although I'm trying to keep it as simple a paint job as possible I decided I wanted the tiles to look a little "lived in".  The yellow lines were achieved with masking tape, masking fluid and an airbrush and came out really well I think.  The dirt on the sides of the roads was achieved using weathering powders (my first attempt at using them), it took me a little longer that I wanted to get the effect I was looking for, but now I know how to do it the rest of the tiles should be a breeze.

One final pic today, proving I was right about the Batman minis fitting the scale of the tiles better, Harley and Mr J were kind enough to help me test the theory:

I still have to varnish it, but it's practically done, just another 23 to go...

I hope you like it, C&C always welcome.

'Til next time, take care

J

5 comments:

Porky said...

The lines are superb - I think they came out pretty much perfect.

pulpcitizen said...

Very nice work; you are making me sorely tempted to buy these. :)

Rob Bresnen said...

that looks very good to me

Rustam Sayal said...

Fort Worth byob painting Public & Private BYOB Art & Painting Classes, Kids classes, Team Building, Birthdays, private paint and wine events & more! Fort Worth byob painting, art classes & fun birthday ideas.

Touyen said...

Service gui hang di quoc te fast and convenient