Thankfully my hayfever has let up quite considerably of late so my eyes have been a lot better, it's just been the heat and humidity that have made doing anything hobby related a pain...oh well, c'est la vie.
I have made some progress on one front, I've completed the first of my homemade Pulp City Supreme write-ups, I've posted the finished background and rules over at the PC forums, here: http://forum.pulp-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1348
Go have a read and feel free to comment on any of the rules you think might need tweaking.
I restarted running my D&D campaign on Tuesday last, first time DMing in Steve's Gaming shed. I'm using a version of D&D 3.5 coupled with some of the parts of 4th edition that I actually liked and it seemed to go well, a lot more enjoyable than 4th ed. as far as I'm concerned, (I actually want to play it now rather than feel like I have to slog through it for the sake of the group like I did with 4th). I'm using the Tunderspire Labyrinth adventure as a template, but changing things toward the end to go my own way with it.
The guy's all seemed happy and the only thing I might go back and look at is how tough some of the basic enemies are, as they seemed a little too easy for the party to defeat leaving the leader somewhat exposed quite quickly, still it's a learning experience for me so we'll have to see what happens in 2 weeks.
Despite the weather I have done a few hobby related bits , the main one being a spot of terrain building inspired by an article in Privateer Press' No Quarter magazine. Now I don't play Warmachine, Hordes or Monsterpocalypse but I have found the painting and hobby articles in NQ to be very good, so with some money saved up I took a trip to Leisuregames in Finchley last Wednesday and amongst other things picked up some copies I was missing. I one of them had an article on making Cryxian buildings in it and it looked mighty fine indeed, in fact I realised that it would actually make a good building for Malifaux, (when I actually get round to playing it that is), and as I had a number of the bits required, it only took a quick walk to my local Hobby Stores shop to get some styrene bits-and-bobs and I was off.
Here's a pic of the build so far:
Most of my day today has been spent in front of the TV watching the F1 British Grand Prix cutting and gluing rivets into place, I still have the back of the building to rivet and I'm trying to work out how I want to do the chimney I want to put on the left end of the building, then I need to sort out the base and add the steps up to the front door.
I'm really happy with the result so far and I'm really looking forward to making more scenery and terrain soon.
I have also been putting paint on a few more Pulp City models, but the pics I took today were so blurry you couldn't make anything out properly...oh well, you'll just have to wait a bit longer to see them.
Lastly, Spartan Games have finally released some new Uncharted Seas models, in the form of Destroyers, I've picked up a pack to see how they play, here's a quick pic of them "in the nude" as it were:
Not sure if I have enough green stuff to get the bases done before Tuesday, but we'll have a go and see what happens.
Not sure how they'll work, but the Reassignment & Recycle rules make them quite an interesting prospect. My only issue is that squadrons are fielded in sizes between 2 and 4, and Spartan have blistered them up in packs of 3 , meaning if you want to use full strength squadrons you're either going to have spare ships to find something to do with, or you have to buy 4 blisters and play large enough games to be able to field them all.
Anyway, that's all for now, take care.